For the past several weeks, the Writing Center’s leadership team has been busily preparing for the start of the semester. From planning our fall offerings to organizing writing groups to developing tutor training materials, we’ve been eagerly setting the stage to welcome students back to our center.
This semester, many of the offerings you’ve come to expect from us are returning, such as:
- one-to-one writing instruction offered in person at our main location in Helen C. White Hall and at our campus satellites, as well as online via synchronous virtual meetings and asynchronous written feedback
- in-person, online, and hybrid weekly writing groups for undergraduates and for graduate students
- writing mentorships
- workshops on a variety of writing topics and genres
- our week-long Dissertation Writing Camp
- free writing support for community members through our Madison Writing Assistance program
Last year, we launched several new services, which will be returning this year as well:
- Humanities Grant Writing Camp
- writing group for disabled graduate students
- CFP for Another Word (to be released later this month!)
And, finally, we are thrilled to welcome several new colleagues to our center, including:
- Stuart Henn, our new Writing Center, Writing Across the Curriculum, and Writing Fellows Administrative Manager
- three new undergraduate receptionists
- 18 new graduate Writing Center tutors!
We offer a warm welcome to everyone joining us this semester, both new and returning! We can’t wait to see you and work with you!